The chapel was founded by Countess Johanna Euphrosina of Montfort, neé of Waldburg-Wolfegg, because of a vow in 1624. The building is a copy of Santa Casa in the place of pilgrimage in Loreto, Italy. In 1627 it was consecrated and donated to the rosary brotherhood (Rosenkranzbruderschaft). The chaplaincy was added in 1738. The gallery with north western frontage is from 1902. The chapel was a place of pilgrimage until World War II.